Politically Exposed Persons
A politically exposed person (PEP) is an individual with a high profile political role, or who has been entrusted with an important public role.
It is important that you notify us if you, your family members (spouse, co-habiting partner, parents, siblings, children and children’s spouses or children’s co-habiting partners), or close associates (persons with whom you have common business interests, or maintain a professional or business relationship) presently occupy or in the last 12 months have occupied an important public position in any state and/or international institution.
A PEP is entrusted with the fulfillment of prominent public functions, and comprises the positions held by a head of state, a head of government, government ministers, senior civil or public servants, senior judicial or military officials, senior executives of state owned corporations, senior political party officials, members of the legislature and senior management of international organisations. More specifically, a PEP includes the following:
- Head of the State, Head of the Government, a minister, a vice minister or a deputy minister, State Secretary, the Chancellor of the Parliament, Government or Ministry
- Member of Parliament
- Member on the Supreme Court, the Constitutional Court or any other judicial authority, whose decisions are not subject to further appeal
- Mayor of a municipality, director of a municipal administration
- Member of the management body of the national supreme audit and control institution, the chairperson, deputy chairperson or a member of the board of a central bank
- Ambassador, chargés d’affaire, Chief of Defence of the Republic of Lithuania, commanders of the armed forces and units, Chief of the Defence Staff or high-ranking officers in the armed forces of a foreign country
- Member of the management or supervisory body of a state enterprise, public or private company, whose shares or part of the shares carry more than ½ of all votes in a general meeting of shareholders, and such companies are held by the State by right of ownership
- Member of the management or supervisory body of a municipal enterprise, public or private company, whose shares or part of the shares carry more than ½ of all votes in a general meeting of shareholders, and such companies are held by the State by right of ownership and which are considered to be large enterprises within the meaning of the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Financial Reporting by Undertakings
- Head, deputy head, member of the administrative, management or supervisory body of an international intergovernmental organization
- Leader, deputy leader, member of the administrative or management body of a political party